Let us explore the ancient and incredibly fantastic beauty benefits of Argan Oil; known as Moroccan Liquid Gold.
Argan oil is a Moroccan oil from the Argan tree and is said to have healing and restorative powers. It’s a golden oil, with a reddish tinge and has been used by the Moroccan people for culinary, cosmetic and medicinal use for hundreds of years. Argan is one of the most expensive oils to purchase, because the Argan tree is dwindling quickly and facing extinction. For this reason, the oil is often marketed as Moroccan liquid gold.
This liquid gold originated in the town of Argana, in the Northeastern section of Morocco. The tree requires no cultivation, and the tree trunk is often gnarled and twisted which allows goats to climb the tree and eat the fruit and leaves. The fruit is fleshy and green, and resembles an olive. The fruit has a nut inside, which the goats leave behind. The nuts are then collected by farmers and using a very arduous process, are turned into oil.
The Argan oil, or liquid gold has many beauty benefits and is sought after as a highly essential ingredient in many different products. Argan oil is rich in natural antioxidants, essential fatty acids, carotenoids, ferulic acid, sterols, polyphenols and has very high levels of Vitamin E. When looking for beauty products with Argan oil, people can know they are receiving the following benefits:
• High vitamin E content: Vitamin is both good for skin health and skin care, because it helps to prevent sunburns and intensifies the effectiveness of sunscreen. Vitamin E also helps to prevent scars, and treat damaged and scarred skin.
• High in Antioxidants: Antioxidants have anti-aging effects that help to protect the skin from chemicals, drugs, pollutants and UV rays. UV rays produce free radicals that cause skin damage, and Argan oil helps to prevent their attack on cells. Antioxidants will also help your skin retain a youthful glow, reduce stretch marks, reduce wrinkles and help keep skin soft and moisturized.
• Phytosterols: Argan oil contains phyosterols, which can help prevent both irritation and inflammation of the cells and skin. Phytosterols also help to repair skin and hair that has been damaged by age, weather or other products.
• Unsaturated fatty acids: fatty acids are great for the skin because they help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and have a natural anti-aging effect when used often for skin care. The fatty acids in Argan oil can help soften hair and prevent split ends.
• Skin care use: Moroccan liquid gold has been shown to help soften skin, reduce symptoms of eczema and psoriasis and help to reduce effects of acne.
Argan oil, is truly liquid gold, as it can help prevent damage from sun, repair damage to skin and hair and reduce symptoms of many skin disorders. Argan oil is used in many different types of beauty products, from lotion to shampoo. Users should be on the lookout that they are purchasing products with 100% certified, organic Moroccan Argan oil. The benefits are numerous, and worth the cost of these wonderful products.